I hear a lot of people say that January is the hardest month of the year to get through but I disagree. For me, it’s February.
See, with January you’re still riding that New Year high and after the busy holiday rush the low-key mood of January is great.
Oh but February…
For the shortest month of the year, it sure seems to take forever to end.
So in the interest of not letting February get me down:
- DD and I play outside every day – even if only for a brief 10-minute walkabout. (The fresh air is good. Freezing, but still good.)
- We’re going to celebrate Winterlude this weekend – hooray Bal de neige! Hooray BeaverTails!
- I enjoy a mint tea every evening – a simple ritual that warms me body and soul.
- My slowcooker is working overtime – comfort food is a must to keep the winter chill away (although I have had some mishaps).
- Reading – ah yes, delicious books! Right now I’m into The Painted Boy by Ottawa-based author Charles de Lint.
- I work on my fitness – not every day as I perhaps should but enough times to feel better for it.
- I blog. 🙂
Yes, the above activities, comforts and distractions are getting me past the February doldrums. But yeah…Give me March! Give me spring!
Do you feel the same way about February? What are your winter distractions?