The first thing you need to know about me is that I heart social media. And dark chocolate. I often use one to distract me from the other with varying results.
Both are cathartic to me but in different ways.
Social media connects me to a community of people who help me to grow as a person and who I can give back to as well. It’s this reciprocity that I cherish.
Dark chocolate is simply yum. And sort of healthy, right? Right. Okay.
This blog is where I tell stories about my life. As a mom, a communications professional, a geeky girl and all the bits and pieces of me in between.
Here are 10 of those in-between bits and pieces…
- I adore motherhood. My daughter has enriched my life enormously. I love her.
- I don’t like cooked celery. I know it makes up one-third of the holy trinity of cuisine but it’s gross.
- I’m a Buffy fan. Truth, I’m a fan of the complete Whedonverse. His characters are kick-ass.
- Social PR is how I pay the bills. I did tell you I’m addicted to social media, right?
- In 2001, I broke my T-12 vertebrae cliff-jumping and suffered a pulmonary embolism as a result. I don’t recommend either experience.
- My husband wooed me with chocolate-covered raisins and his persistence. He is my best friend.
- I’m no coder but I have a passion for technology. I firmly believe more women need to seek out careers in high tech. I co-founded Girl Geek Dinners Ottawa (#GGDOttawa) for that reason.
- My favourite meal of all time is turkey dinner. With all the trimmings. Seriously, I could eat it every
- Pride and Prejudice is awesomesauce on paper. The social commentary Austen injects into that novel, combined with a he said-she said love story, makes it an awesome read.
- When I was a little girl, I dreamed of being a rock star. That didn’t happen. Mostly because I can’t sing.
One more thing I need to tell you. I laugh at my own jokes. Because they’re funny. Seriously.
And that’s me in a nutshell. Sort of. Thanks for stopping by.
Connect with me via this blog, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.